Sealcoating & Asphalt Maintenance Services
Parking lot sealcoating is one of the most important asphalt maintenance services that can be done to keep your asphalt pavement protected, safe, and long-lasting.
It’s the perfect maintenance to protect and preserve your asphalt investment. Overtime asphalt pavement is subject to deterioration. There is no way to avoid deterioration since it comes from water, oil, gasoline, chemicals, ultraviolet rays, and everyday elements. The purpose of the sealcoating is to create a protective barrier against this mineral buildup. The smooth seal coating layer will protect the asphalt from chemicals penetrating the surface.
Sealcoating maintenance is crucial for all asphalt surfaces. The benefits of parking lot sealcoating are:
- Preservation – Sealing will preserve the surface of the asphalt pavement along with protecting the surface from sustaining cracks, holes, and structural issues.
- Waterproof – Minimizing the rate water enters the asphalt.
- Appearance – Sealcoating will provide a new black color, which enhances and improves the appearance of any asphalt pavement.
- Safety – Traffic lines and striping are visible, which provides safety for your property.
- Ultraviolet Rays – Ultraviolet rays from the sun can greatly affect and damage asphalt surfaces.
- Protection – Sealant will protect asphalt from chemicals including, gasoline oil, oil, and salt..
- Affordable – Sealcoating is affordable! Asphalt repairs can cost thousands of dollars, but seal coating reduces the cost significantly. It is the most cost-effective maintenance that can be done for any asphalt surface.
Parking Lot Sealcoating is excellent for older asphalt pavements. This process replaces the fine particles that are worn down over time on asphalt surfaces. Additionally, seal coating seals small cracks that have occurred in the asphalt. Having these cracks repaired will prevent any water and moisture from entering the base of the asphalt, which can lead to expensive repairs. Sealcoating also provides an excellent curb appeal and improves property value. Once seal coating is applied it provides a smooth, black surface that is easy to sweep, clean, and maintain. This is one aspect of maintenance that should always be done, and it’s affordable!
When Should Sealcoating Be Done?
For new asphalt pavement projects, sealcoating should be done several months after the asphalt has fully cured. The A.S.M.A. (Asphalt Sealcoat Manufacturers Association) recommends that all new asphalt cure for six to twelve months before seal coating is applied. Once the asphalt pavement has been seal coated, it should be reapplied every two to three years.
We recommend you evaluate your asphalt pavement every six months. This evaluation will assess the condition of the asphalt and identify any potential problems or issues. The most effective way to protect your asphalt is to have All County Paving appeal seal coating.
How is Sealcoating Applied?
Before any seal coating is applied, the asphalt must be free from dirt and debris. Effectively remove dirt and debris with pressure washers, wire brooms, blowers, or sweepers. If any potholes or cracks are located in the asphalt, then these must be filled prior to seal coating. Chemicals, gasoline, and oil must be cleaned with the correct cleaner to ensure all residue is fully removed. Once the asphalt surface has completely dried, then the seal coating process can begin. Sealcoating can be applied by using a brush applicator, spray and hand squeegee, or a squeegee machine. The seal coating application should be applied evenly. There should be no overlapping of the seal coating. Generally, two coats of sealer are applied. and the asphalt surface should completely cure before the asphalt is utilized by traffic. Sealcoating will preserve asphalt pavement, in addition, to save money on future costly repairs. Seal coating adds durability, resistance, and new appearance to asphalt. All County Paving can assist you with professional asphalt seal coating and all your asphalt needs.